Welcome to Welcome to

Login
User Name

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Main Menu
icon_home.gif Home

icon_community.gif Community
tree-T.gif Discussion Forums
tree-T.gif Shout Box
tree-L.gif Member Map
som_downloads.gif Resources
tree-T.gif Events Calendar
tree-T.gif Photo Gallery
tree-T.gif Articles
tree-L.gif Web Links
icon_members.gif Account Tools
tree-T.gif Your Account

User Info

Welcome, Anonymous
User Name
Password

· Register
· Lost Password
People Online:
Visitors: 20
Members: 2

We received
page views since
March 2004

Server Date/Time
20 October 2014 17:14:09 CDT (GMT -5)

The Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group: Discussion Forums

Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group :: View topic - Virago 920 triple tree.

Virago 920 triple tree.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group Forum Index -> Yamaha
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phuffman
Welcome New Member
Welcome New Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Virago 920 triple tree. Reply with quote

I have a 1982 920 virago and would like to chang out my 920 triple tree to a 750 to get away form the square handlebars and also change the square head light to round. Does anyone know it this will work?
fasterspider
Full Throttle
Full Throttle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had two 920 Viragos but, I don't remember if the fork tubes are bigger on the 920 than the 750.
If the fork tube diameter is the same, you should have no problems at all doing the swap.

Ray #1
1973 CB450K6 with sidehack
79 CBX
86 VFR700F
66 CT90K0
bakmanrayman [at] yahoo [dot] com
fasterspider [at] gmail [dot] com
Lonsjunk
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked on a few viragos with those pain in the butt square handles bars I was curious myself heres is what i found the bearing and races are all the same parts number so that leaves you with possibly a few options

A) could switch complete triple trees with forks from a 750 but would also have to include the round headlight (do to headlight mounting bracket)

B) from what I saw if you just want to change handle bars the adapter that holds the bars to the triple trees is bolt on therefore may allow you to just unbolt it and bolt on a different set of handle bar stays/mounts from the 750 (of course you are gonna have to take some measurements on length and bolt hole size .

Maybe somebody on here has a set of 750 trees that you could test fit or atleast can get you some measurements
I think its possible but again you will never know till you try it Sounds like a nice little winter project and i think it would be better looking and of course it would be a 1 off making it your custom touch .
Good Luck and keep us posted !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Owners Group Forum Index -> Yamaha All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: